Getting a monogram correct is sometimes confusing. Especially if it is your first time. Below are some tips to help you navigate through the wonderful world of monogramming.
| Traditional Monogram | reads aBc - the center (larger) initial represents the last name. The left initial represents the first name. The right initial represents the middle or maiden name. This monogram style is traditionally used for females and couples. You can use this monogram style for a male and it is recommend to use a block or circle monogram.
| Block Monogram | read ABC - all the letters are the same size and in the order - first, middle, last. This monogram style is traditionally used for males. Modern day you can use it for females as well. It is not suggested for couples.
| Couple's Monogram | reads aBc - the center (larger) initial represents the couples last name. The left initial represents the bride's first name. The right initial represents the groom's first name. Undecided? The last name initial monogrammed always makes a simple and sophisticated gift.
| Single Initial Monogram | really looks great on many products. Add a circle or frame around the initial to add a little fun.
| Other Monogram Ideas | have fun with your monogramming. Monogramming is now affordable for everyone to enjoy with modern day technology. In the past, only the royal families and wealthiest people had monogrammed items because everything was monogrammed by hand.
- monogram the families last name (everyone can use it in the family)
- for newly engaged or married couple, Mr. & Mrs. or Mr. Right & Mrs. Always Right is a fun twist
- hashtag it - a new favorite
- embroider beach, lake, southern etc. depending on the use of the item
- use the name of the location, for example - the name of a boat, zip code, city, state or nautical location
- the ideas are endless, have fun and think outside of the box